Hello

BugmanPrice

Hey Everybody.

I'm from the U.S. (a VERY small town in Utah) and have been keeping hissers (and various other inverts and herps) for around nine years now. Currently I don't have any roaches but as soon as I am done building my enclosure I will be coming back to the hobby.

Upon looking for information on various Roach topics on the net I stumbled across this place. Do to my stubborn nature I have failed to register to this forum in hope of the miracle needed to resurrect Petbugs but at last I have come to grips that is time to stop the grieving move on.

Well, I am truly excited to be here and hope to get to know you y'all and share some commonality among my fellow blattariaphiles.

I'm sure we can help you get ahold of some new roaches as soon as you're ready! Welcome aboard!

The original Allpet Roaches forum started about the same time as Petbugs but wasn't as big of course, mostly since it only dealt with roaches and the hobby was much smaller in 99'. The Petbugs classifieds is still pretty useful but the forums have been dead a very long time. Certainly there are various issues but I think it mostly has to do with the software never having been changed over to 'forum' type software (though it doesn't doesn't seem like it should since the older messageboard software is essentially the same thing at heart).

Well thank you for the warm welcome. I'm definitely going to get some hissers, it's a must ;) . I'm trying to set up a multispecies display tank, so I've been trying to figure out what other species would live well with hissers. I have been considering Neostylopyga rhombifolia, Blaberus giganteus (these maybe too aggressive though), Blaberus craniifer, Archimandrita tesselata, and MAYBE Panchlora nivea (the good flying ability makes me a little apprehensive). Nothing too exotic while trying to get back. Does any body have experience with any of these coinhabiting or other information that could help my decision? I don't want to drop a bunch of dough on some roaches and have it not work out or worse end up with a bunch of dead or hurt roaches on my hands.

Upon looking for information on various Roach topics on the net I stumbled across this place. Do to my stubborn nature I have failed to register to this forum in hope of the miracle needed to resurrect Petbugs but at last I have come to grips that is time to stop the grieving move on.

Hello and welcome!

I just wanted to let you know that Petbugs.com does have a future. I spent a few hours on the phone with Michael Fouskaris (Jon's dad), this summer. Michael said that when Jon finishes school, he does have plans to resurrect it and return to the hobby, including some plans to make it better than ever before.

Peter

I would not worry about the Panchlora's ability to fly. They can, but only seem to do so if they are thrashed about or abruptly disturbed. Open thier enclosure slow and careful and they won't (shouldn't) go anywhere.

Hello and welcome!

I just wanted to let you know that Petbugs.com does have a future. I spent a few hours on the phone with Michael Fouskaris (Jon's dad), this summer. Michael said that when Jon finishes school, he does have plans to resurrect it and return to the hobby, including some plans to make it better than ever before.

Peter

I'm very glad to here that. I remember when I very first really started se3riously into the hobby and joined petbugs; there was always a conversation and replies happening multiple times a day. Anymore you can post and not see any activity for several months, I'm excited to hear Jon's going to start things rolling again.

I would not worry about the Panchlora's ability to fly. They can, but only seem to do so if they are thrashed about or abruptly disturbed. Open thier enclosure slow and careful and they won't (shouldn't) go anywhere.

I was reading somewhere that they fly readily and they can be a horror to contain, so now that I know that isn't necessarily true I might look into getting a few. They are really pretty roaches. Thanks for the info.

• 2 weeks later...