Organic Bird Food

crepsis

Ok, so I switched my parrot onto a new healthier diet recommended by my vet. It's Harrison's bird food - High Potency diet, I use the coarse size. It's an organic, vegetarian, human grade food ingredient diet that has all sorts of good stuff in it, although there are NO preservatives so it's best to buy in smaller quantities, so it doesn't get stale or go bad. I've been giving it to my roaches, and this is the first food that I've given that they *really* seem to love (since they're eating it in quantity), and the nymphs that I've had a peek at, when not in hiding, are *very* fat and healthy looking! :lol: I just wanted to share this with everybody in case your interested. It's a bit expensive, on the internet direct from the company it's $7.70 for a pound and around $30 for 5 lbs, but from what I've seen, well worth it, especially if you are keeping them as pets! I think I'm going to use this as the staple diet for my roaches from now on - along with fruits & veggies occasionally. I know if you have a LOT of roaches, it may or may not be worth the price, but ingredients really don't get better than this. I guess I'll find out if it's worth the price, when my colony gets bigger, or when I get some different species, but usually my pets get fed almost better than I do! Here's the ingredient list and nutrition information (in case you were wondering):

Ingredients: *Ground Shelled Sunflower Seeds, *Ground Hulless Barley, *Ground Soybeans, *Ground Shelled Peanuts, *Ground Green Peas, *Ground Lentils, *Ground Yellow Corn, *Ground Rice, *Ground Toasted Oat Groats, Psyllium, *Ground Alfalfa, Calcium Carbonate, Spirulina, Montmorillonite Clay, Ground Dried Sea Kelp, Vitamin E Supplement, Sea Salt, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Niacin Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, d-Biotin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Sodium Selenite.

*CERTIFIED ORGANIC INGREDIENT

Guaranteed Analysis: Crude protein (min.) 18%, crude fat (min.) 15%, crude fiber (max.) 6.5%, moisture (max.) 10%.