B. lateralis egg case

yen_saw

Could anyone here share a pic of B. lateralis egg case? How big do they get? How long does it take to hatch? and how many hatched out? Sorry i know this is not a glamorous species to photograph and apologize if this question been asked before. Thanks in advance.

@ Orin: Thanks! 20-30 is pretty good size for ootheca of only 1/4 in!!

@Effeci: Thank you! i am keeping the room around 85F/day and 75F/night, 30-45 days is about the same duration for praying mantis ootheca to hatch too, cool! The roach ootheca appear to be very large in comparison to the size of that adult female roach :blink:

@Matt: i don't want to mist the roach culture, will add more vegi and fruits, also water jelly to help increase the humidity. Thanks for the humidity tips!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Y'all. I just wanted to add that I have some wads of paper towels that I keep damp in with my roaches. lots of babies hide in them. I also notice that when I redamp the towel that lots of roaches hurry over to sip water. I wondered if they like "real" water better than the crystals I keep in with them?