Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jess565

Smoothie drinking roaches

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys, a newbie here ;)

Anyways... my roaches had been going off their food for a few months now, so i have been a little experimental with feeding, which is why I filled a shallow dish in their tank with smoothie! And they loved it! :lol: ive never seen them so excited and eat so much! they have really picked up, i won't use this as their main food but as a treat once a week or so. I can't imagin this is bad for them? any suggestions? At the moment ive only two types of roaches, Hissers and giant caves, both really enjoyed the liquified treat! :P

Hi guys, a newbie here ;)

Anyways... my roaches had been going off their food for a few months now, so i have been a little experimental with feeding, which is why I filled a shallow dish in their tank with smoothie! And they loved it! :lol: ive never seen them so excited and eat so much! they have really picked up, i won't use this as their main food but as a treat once a week or so. I can't imagin this is bad for them? any suggestions? At the moment ive only two types of roaches, Hissers and giant caves, both really enjoyed the liquified treat! :P

Roaches can eat just about anything humans can eat. If it contains fruit it may double as a treat for them.

That's cool. I'll have to try that. My hissers and dubias love fruit. I bet if I made them an orange bananna smoothie they would go nuts for it.

I tried some Inta Juice smoothie for my B. dubia... had some of the colony die and others "off" in the next few days.

Just sharing my experience on a relevant thread.

I feed my Germans tropical fish flakes 'cause a pet shop boy said they have all the nutrients crickets need and they're closely related. My Germans and the Discoid I had years back do good with them. Fruit is a good idea too, particularly apples. Apples seem to be a favorite probably due to the water content. Someone told me lemon and lime aren't good for them though. I like your smoothie story. Cute.