Deropeltis paulinoi finally hatching!

Gsc

• 2 months later...
Not completely sure since I didn't seperate out the egg cases and just left them in the cage...but I'm guessing maybe around 4 months... Thanks- I'm excited too...

Graham

A year from now you may have more than you know what to do with!

:)

A year from now you may have more than you know what to do with!

:)

Might not take that long. You can't even feed them to anything since a lot of things won't touch them because of the quinones and feeding them turns your hands brown anyway. Really sharp looking species though.

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats! One of mine just laid it's first ooth yesterday! I'm so excited. I hope it hatches. Would it be safe to separate it from the adults or should I just leave it in there? I kind of want to keep track of how long it takes and how many nymphs emerge.

Congrats! One of mine just laid it's first ooth yesterday! I'm so excited. I hope it hatches. Would it be safe to separate it from the adults or should I just leave it in there? I kind of want to keep track of how long it takes and how many nymphs emerge.

You can leave it in, they won't bother it (unlike P.americana which eat their own eggcases).

My eggcases have started to hatch in these days too...

We have experimented Deropeltis erythrocephala ("Mombasa") as feeder for tarantulas, and it seems to work well... but spiders have external digestion, so they seem to be not disturbed by quinons...

• 3 weeks later...