Hi!

Habibi18

I love roaches so that's why I'm here. My mom is the complete opposite of me so I don't have any colonies atm but I plan to get some as soon as I'm allowed to move out and get my own place! But I'm here so YAY! ^_^ And it's not just roaches that I love it's ALL insects and spiders. And I also would like to know more about all the different species of roaches, so I guess I came to the right place then! ^.^

I have a blog about insects and spiders. It's filled with stuff that I found on the web. I have one thing about roaches, but I'll get more up definitely. You can see it here. Oh yeah and one more thing:

I'm a girl! *Wonders how many people fell off there seats* ^_^

th_sau22.jpg.gif

*gasp* A fellow girl who likes insects and spiders! I knew I wasn't the only one! *bounces around and tackles you* Your blog sounds interesting. I'm going to check it out after this and maybe share some pics of the giant house spiders (tegenaria duellica) I find around here. I have a thing for them.

That sucks you can't have any roaches til you move out, because even when you do, roommates tend to hate roaches just as much as moms do, as well as tarantulas and snakes and everything else. I still can't have any because "the spider/snake will get out and bite me." :rolleyes: Some people.

Anyway, welcome! I'm new here myself. I had two hissing roaches until my favorite died, so I came here to get my remaining one some baby sisters. I will have more soon and am excited. :D

Welcome! I checked out your blog and am always amazed at how long I've been in the hobby, and yet how little I actually know about the world of bugs. One lifetime will never be enough to learn or even simply appreciate everything nature has to share with us!

Neat blog and thanks for sharing!

Peter

Thanks for all the replies and welcomes! Means alot to me. I know this is late but I'm wishing that all of you had a wonderful Valentine's Day. ♥ And I've surprised alot of people with the fact that I'm a girl on other forums that I'm on.

So alot of their reactions are funny indeed. And others are just plain cute. ^.^

Does your mom let you keep any inverts?

Yes she does. Hermit crabs ( Ever since 1998 ) and in the summer I raise Painted Lady caterpillars. Been doing that around the same time I got my first hermie. Love them to death. I would really like to keep some praying mantises and some roaches of course. Also I would like a Tarantula of some sort.

But she tells me when I ask her: "When you're 18 and you have your own place then you can keep what ever you want". Which I can't wait for that to happen, but I want to enjoy my "child hood" first.

*Bounces and tackles you*

Oh ho! You're going down! *Bounces and tackles her back* ^.^;

Neat blog.

Thank you!

th_sau22.jpg.gif

Welcome- It's wonderful that you are so enthusiastic about insects. When I was your age it was 100% reptiles (although I did have 1 tarantula when I was 15)... Years later I have an entire room full of inverts and reptiles... it's a fun hobby. Peoples (including MANY mothers) have a bad perception about roaches...they don't realize that only a few are considered a pest species and the rest come in amazing colors, shapes and sizes.... You'll be 18 soon enough...just hold on for a few more years.

Welcome...

Graham

I even have my favorite roaches too! I'm in love with Domino roaches. They look alot like beetles and they're adorable! :wub: I'll be 16 on March 1st so when that day comes I'll only have 2 years left! :o Times goes by fast!

Are there any other roaches like Dominoes? Would like to know because I will go crazy finding out more about them. I do that alot when it comes to something I come across and am interested in. Especially languages and insects. ^_^ And I'm going to show my mom pics of all the pretty roaches.

When she sees them I hope she changes her mind sooner. Who knows? Always worth a try right?

th_sau22.jpg.gif

Are there any other roaches like Dominoes?

Yes, there is another Therea in culture that has swirly/question mark patterns on its wings instead of the Domino spots.

You should also show your mother a pictures of the Glowspot Roaches... they are awesome...Can't Fly... smaller than hissers... long lived... slow moving....

Graham

Yes, there is another Therea in culture that has swirly/question mark patterns on its wings instead of the Domino spots.

You should also show your mother a pictures of the Glowspot Roaches... they are awesome...Can't Fly... smaller than hissers... long lived... slow moving....

Graham

Really? I shall look those up. Thanks alot!

th_sau22.jpg.gif