Know of a good book?

BugmanPrice

I am interested in purchasing a book on cockroach biology, here's some I've found:

The Biology of the Cockroach, Guthrie, D.M.; Tindall, A. R., Essex House Press 1968

Or

Cockroaches: Ecology, Behavior, and Natural History, William J. Bell, Louis M. Roth, and Christine A. Nalepa, Johns Hopkins University Press ( 2007)

Does anybody own one of these or could suggest a different one?

Cool, thanks for the info. From reading a couple of reveiws it seemed like it was something it maybe wasn't. I'll probably get one... and one of the other books also. You can never have too many "bug books". A friend of mine was over yesterday looking at my large book shelf and asked "So how many bug books do you really need?" I told him "always one more."

Well the book is easy to understand, so mabye it's not your type then. But it does give helpful information about keeping pet roaches, and in depth chapters about mating,illness,food, and why they are so successful.

I strongly recommend this one:

Cockroaches: Ecology, Behavior, and Natural History, William J. Bell, Louis M. Roth, and Christine A. Nalepa, Johns Hopkins University Press ( 2007)

This book is a must have.

Maybe next month I'll get one. I can't find one around to "look at" in the mean time but they are $100+, so I'll definatly check into it. Thanks Matt K.

I strongly recommend this one:

This book is a must have.

Maybe next month I'll get one. I can't find one around to "look at" in the mean time but they are $100+, so I'll definatly check into it. Thanks Matt K.

There are a few places online that you can get a copy for 70-80. Anything that ads for less I would have to wonder how reliable they are.....