Am I Giving Them Proper Nutrition..??

pordiem

I am currently feeding my hissers a mix of oatmeal, dog food & fish food & a mix of green leaf lettuce & carrots. Am I giving them all the proper nutrition they require via these foods?

Thanks,

pdm

It sounds good to me. My philosophy is the more varible the diet the better off they'll be. I've heard of people putting cuttlefish bone in there to give some extra calcium and minerals but I don't use it and I seen to do just fine. Does anybody else use it?

I am currently feeding my hissers a mix of oatmeal, dog food & fish food & a mix of green leaf lettuce & carrots. Am I giving them all the proper nutrition they require via these foods?

Thanks,

pdm

• 1 month later...

I give my hissers dandelion leaves and roots,they love it more than the lettuce plus it's free cuz it grows in my backyard :lol:

u can also try other greenery like pea pods and other legumes,spinach etc.

and from the occasional banana and apple u can also try oranges or madarins(tangerine) once a week

Try dandelion flowers, they attract roaches like flies to a dead stinkbug. Mine like clementines, also.