Medicated Fish Food Safe For Roaches?

Acro

I bought some of this medicated fish food for my sick fish and the package has way more than I will ever use on my fish. I don’t like to waste things so I was wondering if it may be safe to feed to some pet (non feeder) roaches. Here is the product info:

It’s called: Medi-Gold

Ingredients as stated on the package: krill, fish meal, wheat germ, soybean meal, fish oil etc. 38% protein, 12% fat, stabilized Vitamin C plus many, many more vitamins and minerals. Medi-Gold contains sulfadimethoxine & ormetorprim sulfa.

(Rather vague discription of the ingredients huh?)

I often feed my roaches fish food but I worry about the sulfadimethoxine & ormetorprim sulfa in this medicated food. I think those ingredients are antibiotics. Do you think it is safe as roach food?

I would love to hear your thoughts, the more fact/experience based, the better!

Thanks! :)

I bought some of this medicated fish food for my sick fish and the package has way more than I will ever use on my fish. I don’t like to waste things so I was wondering if it may be safe to feed to some pet (non feeder) roaches. Here is the product info:

It’s called: Medi-Gold

Ingredients as stated on the package: krill, fish meal, wheat germ, soybean meal, fish oil etc. 38% protein, 12% fat, stabilized Vitamin C plus many, many more vitamins and minerals. Medi-Gold contains sulfadimethoxine & ormetorprim sulfa.

(Rather vague discription of the ingredients huh?)

I often feed my roaches fish food but I worry about the sulfadimethoxine & ormetorprim sulfa in this medicated food. I think those ingredients are antibiotics. Do you think it is safe as roach food?

I would love to hear your thoughts, the more fact/experience based, the better!

Thanks! :)

No. Medicated fish food is death any aquatic invert that eats it. I would not try it out on a roach.

This type of medicated fish food specifically targets bacteria whereas there are some medicated fish foods that target invertebrates. I'd suggest feeding it to the fish till it's gone. Only if you had a cockroach with strong evidence of a bacterial disease would it make any sense to consider use of the medicated food.