little centipedes?

brunoboy

I am establishing a lobster roach colony and I've been noticing these little centipede-like creatures that are breeding as well in my enclosures. Any one know what these little dudes are? I don't think they are bothering my roaches.

thanks!

This looks like an awesome forum!

Centipedes are not something you run into much as a cage pest (I've not heard of it). I'm guessing it's some other type of invert, any chance you can post a photo?

....they may be beetle larvae, not centipedes....

• 2 weeks later...
....they may be beetle larvae, not centipedes....

I guess the little centepide-looking-creepy-crawlies are something of a cleanup bug that many cricket breeders use to 'clean up' after crix?? They aren't beetles-----and they do reproduce. I'll try to get pics. of the little buggers.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love to see the picts cause I'm really curious to see what's in there.

They might be isopods. Some people use them for tank maintenance. I suppose if you use your imagination a bit they could look like centipedes. Usually they are a grey color but there are lots of variations. Do they look like this at all? Some have a more rounded back end but most are similar. isopods.jpg

• 1 month later...