Anyone get attacked by the XPantivirus?

Allpet Roaches

This thing is killing me. I don't know how it got on here but my 12-year-old uses the computer sometimes when she's not supposed to. It keeps throwing up pop-ups telling me I have from 8 to 4,097 viruses on my computer and if I pay them $50 a year it all goes away. At first I was pretty pissed at microsoft but supposedly this is just some crazy malware program unassociated with microsoft. I tried deleting parts of it which didn't work. The program also deleted all my old restore points so a system restore isn't possible. I tried downloading a trial malware program and it didn't know it was there.

I tried two spyware remover programs and they didn't work (they didn't see it as above). It has it's own fake uninstall that of course doesn't work and it doesn't matter whether you get it from the control panel or start menu and in the control panel it's listed as a windows file. The darn thing reloads any sections you delete and even changes your background to a giant warning messages and throws up pop-ups and redirects interenet pages when you're trying to update windows or load it.

I found it labeled as rhc5e5j0e127 and stopped it running from cntrl/alt/delete then I changed its properties from read only and moved it to the recycle bin and deleted it. Without doing these things it can't be deleted or modified in any way (of course you also have to have administration capabilities on your computer). It's not attacking me so I think I got it.

I think I may have loaded it when I tried to download a .pdf file I found on a google search for a 1970 Dr. L.M. Roth article which includes photos for the two Archimandrita species (my copy has some hard to read pages). I'll have to be a bit more careful on google.

Aww!!! I got rid of the main malware program but the screen saver was still there and I went a little overboard and deleted some system files to try to get rid of it. Just got done rebooting, oops. The screen saver wasn't that annoying, wish I had left it alone and I hope there's no pieces left now. I was trying to avoid rebooting of course.

You mean a system restore? The malware program erases all previous restore points.

My dad knows a way around this. He does computer support and he knows his way in and out of most any problem.

Lemme get you his contact info...

• 3 months later...