Neostylopyga rhombifolia

Maarten..

Hi all,

I've bought a couple of Neostylopyga rhombifolia this weekend on a fair. I know that sometimes they die without an appartent reason, and otherwise they thrive. The person who sold them to me told me that he keeps them absolutely dry and without substrate, just egg crates. An appel from time to time should provide the water need. Can I follow these guidelines or does anybody else has an alernatve experience?

Hi all,

I've bought a couple of Neostylopyga rhombifolia this weekend on a fair. I know that sometimes they die without an appartent reason, and otherwise they thrive. The person who sold them to me told me that he keeps them absolutely dry and without substrate, just egg crates. An appel from time to time should provide the water need. Can I follow these guidelines or does anybody else has an alernatve experience?

That species can breed like crazy or not at all for no real reason. I'd keep stock from him the way he does if he's had long-term success. I'm guessing the cage he uses is minimally vented or the eggcases would dry up so try getting a picture of his setup.