Roaches from the Philippines

Hoping the resident experts here would chime in...

ID suggestions as well as husbandry advice welcomed.

DSC_0476copy.jpg

here's a comparison between the first Panesthia sp I posted (bigger black winged) and the 2nd one (smaller brown winged). Both nymphs have 4 orange spots.

Today I received what looks like another 1 or 2 species of Panesthia, without the orange spots and way smaller

DSC_0506.jpg

DSC_0508.jpg

DSC_0503.jpg

Trichoblatta?

DSC_0515.jpg

DSC_0519.jpg

Beautiful animals! Some of the Panesthia normally are collected with their wings chewed down to nubs in the wild (as in your third photo). It seems strange but maybe it plays an important part of the nymphs diet. The possible Trichoblatta are spectacular! The last two roaches are also very nice. Sorry I don't have any names.

Beautiful animals! Some of the Panesthia normally are collected with their wings chewed down to nubs in the wild (as in your third photo). It seems strange but maybe it plays an important part of the nymphs diet. The possible Trichoblatta are spectacular! The last two roaches are also very nice. Sorry I don't have any names.

Ditto!

*drooling*

The last two and the Trichoblatta....

Isn't 2nd from top in the 2nd post some Epilamprinae sp.? I'll have to third liking the Trichoblatta.

Thank you Matt, Orin and Ralph.

I found newborn nymphs of the big black Panesthia last night.

I only find chewed up wings on the smaller varieties, the bigger ones all have full wings. Another noticeable difference between the bigger Panesthias and the smaller ones is that the small black ones emit some kind of odor and that they fly. At first I thought the orange ones were their nymphs but I found small nymphs that were pure black too, so I'll have to wait further to see what they grow up into. Right now they look like fat termites. :lol:

Sounds cute to me! Maybe they'll be available to the masses sometime.