Hi from Singapore!

sufistic

Hello all, I'm a mantis breeder based in Singapore. I've recently developed a liking for roaches after acquiring some B. lateralis from a friend. I do hope I can learn more about roaches from this forum.

Here are my mantids:

Current species:

1.0.0 Stenotoxodera porioni, 0.1.0 Toxodera beieri, 1.9.2 Hymenopus coronatus, 2.21.0 Theopropus elegans, 1.1.0 Deroplatys desiccata, 2.2.0 Deroplatys lobata, 2.1.0 Deroplatys truncata, 1.4.0 Phyllocrania paradoxa, 2.1.0 Hierodula cf. tenuis, 0.0.30 Odontomantis planiceps, 0.2.0 Creobroter sp., 0.0.14 Amantis sp., 0.0.20 Statilia sp.

Previously kept:

Toxodera fimbriata, Pseudocreobotra Wahlbergii,Blepharopsis mendica, Ceratomantis saussurii, Tropidomantis tenera, Euchomenella sp,

Hello all, I'm a mantis breeder based in Singapore. I've recently developed a liking for roaches after acquiring some B. lateralis from a friend. I do hope I can learn more about roaches from this forum.

Here are my mantids:

Current species:

1.0.0 Stenotoxodera porioni, 0.1.0 Toxodera beieri, 1.9.2 Hymenopus coronatus, 2.21.0 Theopropus elegans, 1.1.0 Deroplatys desiccata, 2.2.0 Deroplatys lobata, 2.1.0 Deroplatys truncata, 1.4.0 Phyllocrania paradoxa, 2.1.0 Hierodula cf. tenuis, 0.0.30 Odontomantis planiceps, 0.2.0 Creobroter sp., 0.0.14 Amantis sp., 0.0.20 Statilia sp.

Previously kept:

Toxodera fimbriata, Pseudocreobotra Wahlbergii,Blepharopsis mendica, Ceratomantis saussurii, Tropidomantis tenera, Euchomenella sp,

Welcome to the forum. It would be hard to NOT learn more here! A lot of us here on the forum use roaches as feeders too. They are the best for that. But, I warn you ahead of time, if you start messing with roaches, you're going to start really liking them and end up with a bunch of non-feeder species too. Trust me, I speak from experience. Good luck to you and happy roaching.

Amazing mantid selection you have there! Roaches, despite being related, are a whole 'nother ball game. Just as entertaining though!

Welcome, Sufistic! Hopefully you can find somebody to supply you with some good mantis-food starter cultures. Most of my roaches don't make good feeders for mantises, but my Arenivaga hatchlings have come in really handy these last three weeks since my bulk fly pupae supplier has failed to deliver my weekly shipments.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Apologies for the late reply, been so busy with my mantids. I must say each time I look at my B. lateralis, I'm finding roaches to be more and more appealing.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Apologies for the late reply, been so busy with my mantids. I must say each time I look at my B. lateralis, I'm finding roaches to be more and more appealing.

Funny. I love that little species too! Apparently, some roach keepers don't care too much for them. Those and dubias have become two of my favorites.