Eublaberus posticus

Are any of you roach-enthusiasts having secure source information about the distribution of E. posticus??

When checking out 'The Catalogue of Life', the registrated places were shown as:

Nicaragua; Costa Rica; Panama; Colombia; Trinidad and Tobago, Republic of (Trinidad); Guyana; Suriname; French Guiana; Brazil; Peru; Ecuador.

If you plot these onto a map, it becomes evident that Venezuela is surrounded by countries having posticus registered - like an island in the middle of a sea of posticus.... <_<

Any registrations, private or organization, about Venezuela?? Should they not be found there as well??

BR/Ole

My guess is that they are there and nobody has looked yet or hasn't looked in the right places. A cockroach won't turn around from its track because he’s crossing a country boundary of course so they have to be. I did check my literature and did not find any mention of E. posticus specifically in Venezuela (just some of the places you’ve mentioned); although I did find out one was found on an airplane in the Southern U.S. once. I wonder if he flew first class or was a coachroach? Sorry…

Thanks Bugman,

Glad that you agree on the logic. Sorry that Venezuela was not amongst your references...

Good joke about our plane-posticus... :lol:

I can't help feeling reluctant to declare Venezuela as posticus-territory.

Where else could such information be kept?

BR/Ole

In Venezuela.

HeHe, yes, a pitty I get there too little....

But that Hugo Chávez fellow gives me the creeps.... and he is calling USA names... :huh:

BR/

Ole

Depending on what the information is being used for you could always contact the British museum of natural history that has a fellow working on cockroaches there. He's a busy guy but he may be able to go through their large collection to see if here are any specimens collected from there. It seems like there was someone working on cockroaches in Germany as well...? For sure from France but I have never contacted him before. Museums are amazing institutions because they offer loads of opportunities for data mining.

Thanks Bugman. That could solve it if I am lucky.

Zephyr, just to see if it was possible to find something inside Venezuela, I have sent a mail to the so called "principal contact" of ENTOMOTROPICA "Sociedad Venezolana de Entomología", a magazine there and asking them to point the right direction.

Let's see what happens ... :rolleyes:

BR/

Ole

• 2 weeks later...