Blaberus fusca

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Here he is. Had to wait till he came out of hiding. I've never held an adult one before. I didn't realize how fast they were. lol. He kept leaping off my hand. :D

fusca-1.jpg

I have a colony of fusca hybrids, and this one looks like one of the males. My females are darker, a bit larger as well, and the males are that pale, almost yellow color. All of them, except one oddball has the vampire face as well, so unless purebred fusca can have the face as well, those are hybrids my friend. But, they are still great roaches, so no worries. :)

I think the hybrids are really nice roaches honestly. Many people just happen to dislike them because they are hybrids I guess. One thing I have noticed is they have very spiny legs compared to my other roaches, it's almost like their entire leg is surrounded with spines. Here is one of mine with a double smiley, the one on the hood, and somewhat of a smiley in the actual wings, heh.

878zekl.jpg

Yours looks more like a giganteus vfox.

I wish, lol.

I have 4 sub-adult giganteus in the tank, but not up to breeding age just yet. These guys are also smaller than a giganteus, but they are said to be 4 different ones within the hybrid mix. I was told they are discoid, fusca, craniifer, and giganteus, but because of their size I didn't know if giganteus was really mixed in or just hersay.

Here is a size comparison to a B.dubia male in the tank. The giganteus purebreds are already the size of an adult hybrids.

6ktmm1s.jpg