Orange Juice question

Curtis T

As the title says I have an Orange Juice quetion. If I went and bought alot of Oranges when they were on sale. And juiced them and froze the juice and thawed out as needed to make up some water crystals with the juice ( or any other juice that you want to use) How long do you think they would stay good in the colony 1 day 2 days 3 days befor it went bad. There are times when Oranges get expensive and out of season here in Californa. Right know my colony is small (Just started it about a month ago) and 1 Orange will last awhile I offer Oranges about twice a week and apples grapes ect. Oranges are supposed to make them breed better. What are your thoughts??? Curtis

I would say that it would not last to long, when I use oranges, if they dont eat it withing 24 hrs, it does start to mold, u will see red coloring on them and thats the mold. I would scrape off a spoonful and put it in a small bottle top, mayonaisse or such or soak it into a piece of bread to offer them, this way they get it and the bread too.

I don,t know where you live but here in Calif I can put a quarter of and Orande into my colony and it will last about 48 hrs with no mold and the size of my colony it is 95 to 100% gone within that time I check them 2 times a day they are in the garage right next to the dog food that I feed my dog and they are in a clear tub and I can see the food and fruit and vegges without opening the lid. Curtis