Collecting Oak wood

Curtis T

I am going out to collect some rotting oak for roaches is their any thing that will harm them? Are their parasites that I need to worry about? Should I put it in the oven if so what temp and how long? I have checked the post in the feeding section and was ubable to find anything on wood. Thanks for any and all help Curtis

I am going out to collect some rotting oak for roaches is their any thing that will harm them? Are their parasites that I need to worry about? Should I put it in the oven if so what temp and how long? I have checked the post in the feeding section and was ubable to find anything on wood. Thanks for any and all help Curtis

The best thing to do is to put it somewhere that it can just dry out for a while, like in a garage. You could cover it in foil and bake it at 300'F for an hour or so, but really thats not necessary. Most anything you will find on the wood will not harm the roaches if your roaches are cared for properly in the first place. I used to bake found wood, but gave up and still no problems other than having too many roaches....