Fruit and Vegges

Curtis T

I have been using diffrent fruit and vegges in with my Dubia colony every other night I take out what was not used and put something fresh in. I never put the same thing in two nights in a row.Last night I put in about a quater of a peach and it was all gone this morning peel and all. Apple peel and all last 36 to 48 hr orange last about 36 hr grapes last 36 to 48 hr I cut them in half carrot last 36 to 48 banna 36 to 48 hr kale I take out after 48 hr lettuce 24 to 36 hr green beans last 48 hr my colony I started with 50 to 75 a good mix of sm to adult added another100 or so mostly 1/4 to 3/8 maybe 10 to 15 1 inch or larger. What have you tried and how well did they go thru it? Curtis

• 2 months later...

Apple, pear, grapes, green beans, and carrots are my roaches' favorites. Each colony/individual seems to have its preferences, so keep experimenting and find out what they like.

• 1 year later...

I usually use water gel for most of roaches,ripe fruits for banana roaches and fruits and vegetables for madagascan hissers.

The best is mango - if I give it to hissers than they want to destroy their box. :D

• 2 months later...

Sorry wrong thread, here's my suggestion my dubia are huge and healthy so I guess my diet for them is good.

Favorite dubia foods are: fresh oranges, dog/cat kibble, bananas, apples, white bread (misted with water), iguana fruit pellets, romaine lettuce, and as a treat cooked hamburger meat. Mine also enjoy orange/ banana or turkey baby food in a shallow dish.

I mist my colony lightly with a spray bottle and they drink the water droplets, the fresh fruit and veggie also provide extra liquids.

• 3 weeks later...