Are we the only ones

vfox

Here in the Philippines we don't have a forum that is dedicated to roach keeping.

The exotic pets scene is not so famous around here most especially on roaches.

So many people are still afraid of them because P. Americana are running rampant here. :lol:

Honestly, I'm not afraid of P. Americana....With a idiotic neighborhood that spends millions on "pest removal", I need to drive 2 miles to see ants! I even kindof want to culture them!

Honestly, I'm not afraid of P. Americana....With a idiotic neighborhood that spends millions on "pest removal", I need to drive 2 miles to see ants! I even kindof want to culture them!

I have my white eyed americans and I'm still looking for the normal ones to raise. I really like Periplaneta species! As for seeing insects...1.5 acre yard, woods, fields surrounding my property...you can imagine lol.

I have my white eyed americans and I'm still looking for the normal ones to raise. I really like Periplaneta species! As for seeing insects...1.5 acre yard, woods, fields surrounding my property...you can imagine lol.

Lucky!

Here in Atlanta the hatred of insects has grown to a scary level. A few months ago walking in my yard I noticed that I had a bees nest deep in a bush to the side of the road, I was fascinated by them and watched them on and off for about a week. Then one day I was talking with one of my neighbors, and told her about my bees nest. To my suprise she totaly FREAKED and said that we have to get rid of them or else they would hurt her kids. I tried to explain that if we respected them them and left them alone no harm would come to us, but she refused to listen, I was about to snap at her that it was my property and there was nothing I'd let her do, but decided agasint it and thought she'd never actually take action. The next day I when I went to get the mail I saw the the nest was gone, those idiots must have torched it when I wasn't looking :(

was it an actual bee's nest, like honey bees, or a hornets nest? just wondering because i know most of the time when people think bee's thay actually are thinking of hornets and that might be what you're neighbor was thinking. still if it was you're property she shouldn't have done it with out you're permission, ether way sucks she did that.

was it an actual bee's nest, like honey bees, or a hornets nest? just wondering because i know most of the time when people think bee's thay actually are thinking of hornets and that might be what you're neighbor was thinking. still if it was you're property she shouldn't have done it with out you're permission, ether way sucks she did that.

I agree with this....

That sucks god of roaches! :mellow:

It was an actual nest, just some harmless honey bees.