Is this normal

vfox

As I said in my last post (sorry for making so many new topics today lol) that I was cleaning all my cages this evening. Well, I noticed an odd roach in my mixed roach tank and had a question about it. The tank contains Blaptica dubia, Blaberus discoidalis, Byrsotria rothi, and Archimandrita tesselata. Now my question is...knowing how much this looks like a discoid but with a very odd pronotum marking, what the heck is it if not just that? My B.rothi and A.tesselata are still nymphs I think, I doubt this is one of them...but I've never had adults of either so I am not sure. It's the same size as a discoid female though...so I'm going with just odd pronotum marking. What say you?

Sorry for the cruddy pic, it's from my phone.

eun2c0.jpg

Undeniably a hybrid. If you got them from aaronpauling.com or gregsexoticinverts, it's definitely a hybrid.

Looking at it again it looks a lot like your Byrsotria species you're selling. I got my rothi from you, do you think this might be one of the others that may have been an accidental transplant?

Looking at it again it looks a lot like your Byrsotria species you're selling. I got my rothi from you, do you think this might be one of the others that may have been an accidental transplant?

There's no doubt in my mind that that's a Blaberus discoidalis x Blaberus boliviensis hybrid.

There's no doubt in my mind that that's a Blaberus discoidalis x Blaberus boliviensis hybrid.

That's also a good possibility. I got mine from Aaron Pauling several months ago. They seem very sexually dismorphic compared to other discoids ive seen, are boliviensis like that normally? This is a female too, do you guys think I should cull her or do you think the blood line is already tainted for the entire lot? And for that matter does anyone still have a pure lot of discoids?