Photoshoot!

I photographed some roaches today/last night, as well as their new cage design!

IMG_6176.jpg

This is my big boy

IMG_6233.jpg

A pennsylvanica nymph with 2 orange nymphs (most likely virginica)

IMG_6236.jpg

A pennsylvanica nymph with the unknown female from my spare room

IMG_6238.jpg

Food dish after dark

IMG_6256.jpg

Fake plants and more chances for them to be arboreal!

IMG_6260.jpg

IMG_6261.jpg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome photos, but I couldn't help notice that in the last pic of your first post (with the full terrarium view) there appears to be a loose roach on the counter!?

I leave new ones out to dry before saving them. I have almost a whole container full of them now

And I decided that I am leaving them behind when I go back to school tomorrow. So it's up to the parents to feed and water them :(

:( :( I feel bad for you.

I'm going to miss all of the drama that goes on with them, their molting into adulthood, and I will probably loose track of the certain individuals which I was monitoring (the large male, the female from the spare room, ect.). But hopefully it will work out. I can come home every couple of weeks I guess just to check on things. I got the mite problem solved, the humidity is worked out, and they have plenty of space and climbing area. Lets just hope there's no way they can escape

You kidding me!? Once they reach maturity, the males can tackle any smooth surface. They can squeeze through small spaces too, they're a real pain. I've lost all of the orange males that i had last winter due to escaping. lol

Seriously? I thought they were about the same as lobsters or americans...easily contained with vasoline and whatnot. I know the males do fly well; I just figured they were similar to lobsters in their climbing abilities.

Basically, warn your parents of this for when they feed and water lol.

Alright I came back to school on Sunday. It is now tuesday, and mom is freaking out because she saw something big and green with wings running around in the cage. I guess she wasnt prepared for adults, and it had to happen right after I left :( I wish I could see them!

Alright I came back to school on Sunday. It is now tuesday, and mom is freaking out because she saw something big and green with wings running around in the cage. I guess she wasnt prepared for adults, and it had to happen right after I left :( I wish I could see them!

Green? Do you have Panchlora mixed in?

No lol. She said it was big green and had wings. and she only saw it in a flash because she was scared of it and it was scared of her. I want to see it so bad! Maybe it was recently molted which would account for the false color. I am thinking this must be my big boy (whom I found in the hornets nest) who had molted into a huge 5th instar a few weeks ago

No lol. She said it was big green and had wings. and she only saw it in a flash because she was scared of it and it was scared of her. I want to see it so bad! Maybe it was recently molted which would account for the false color. I am thinking this must be my big boy (whom I found in the hornets nest) who had molted into a huge 5th instar a few weeks ago

Maybe she will be able to work up enough nerve to take a cellphone pic of it and send it your way? Either way congrats on the new adult. Mine are so darn close to that final molt it's drivin me nuts lol.

Maybe she will be able to work up enough nerve to take a cellphone pic of it and send it your way? Either way congrats on the new adult. Mine are so darn close to that final molt it's drivin me nuts lol.

Congrats on the new molt, Vulgaris. :)

I have 3 pennsylvanica females stuck on their last molt too; hopefully they decide to ecdyse before the male dies of old age. :blink:

Shouldn't be too long, since they have swollen wing pads.

• 2 weeks later...