roach pix and some others thrown in

From what I've seen, you mixed the lobsters and hissers in just 1 container? What's their current condition?

im a little embarrissed to say i failed to propigate my hissers there are only 3 left (2.1). So i've got em in with the lob's. But i have kept several mix sp. Colonies. Isopods, lobsters, hissers, turks, and millipedes without much problem but i do keep an eye on them when one group starts to grow to large i seperate them. Of coarse u would not want to mix closely related sp. To avoid crossin'.

It is always fun to see the setups of others. :D Hopefully one day, I too will have a room for my creatures. Now, I just keep some mantids on my bedroom dresser and other assorted creatures in the laundry room. :lol:

if i didn't have a room me and the wife would be at each others throats. I actually demanded to have it knowing it would become a promblem. Honestly i can believe it worked. Shes not into the roaches and snakes so i let her do whatever to the rest of the house.

im a little embarrissed to say i failed to propigate my hissers there are only 3 left (2.1). So i've got em in with the lob's. But i have kept several mix sp. Colonies. Isopods, lobsters, hissers, turks, and millipedes without much problem but i do keep an eye on them when one group starts to grow to large i seperate them. Of coarse u would not want to mix closely related sp. To avoid crossin'.

Yes I also think hissers are quite difficult because when I started I only bought about 16 nymphs and now I think they are down to 12 or 13 adults.

I noticed that some of them get large quickly and molted very fast within 4 months, while the others were left behind and are still nymphs.

Now, those nymphs are slowly dying and I don't know the reason why.

It also happened long before when I had 6 nymphs then there were 3 left.

Anyways, nice collection you got there, lots of inverts. biggrin.gif

if i didn't have a room me and the wife would be at each others throats. I actually demanded to have it knowing it would become a promblem. Honestly i can believe it worked. Shes not into the roaches and snakes so i let her do whatever to the rest of the house.

If I had a bigger house, I would have a full room. :lol:

My husband is not pleased with the mantids being in the bedroom. The mantids do sometimes scratch and tap in the night. :mellow: I could actually keep the mantids in the laundry room, but it is dark in there, and the temperature will cause them to grow faster and eat more often than I would like.

At least I no longer keep the Selenopid spiders in the bedroom. :rolleyes: I only bring in the container so I can lay down and watch them eat. Those spiders are so fast, it can take some concentration to actually see them catch their prey. :D

Yes I also think hissers are quite difficult because when I started I only bought about 16 nymphs and now I think they are down to 12 or 13 adults.

I noticed that some of them get large quickly and molted very fast within 4 months, while the others were left behind and are still nymphs.

Now, those nymphs are slowly dying and I don't know the reason why.

It also happened long before when I had 6 nymphs then there were 3 left.

Anyways, nice collection you got there, lots of inverts. biggrin.gif

Maybe it's just me but my hissers have been a easy species....

Now savage and likebugs, do you know why most 'normal' people don't like inverts? I don't :lol: lol in my house it's gotten bad enough that things go outdoor... having cages on my balcony isn't weird :lol: !

Is that a latrodectus species? If so which is it? If not what is it x)

I have been interested in L. Pallidus but I have never seen any available in the states. I'd also love to get ahold of some bishopi.

i think its l. Hesperus, western black widow. Just snagged it in the garage. I've though about keeping bishopi as well.

• 1 year later...

It is always fun to see the setups of others. :D Hopefully one day, I too will have a room for my creatures. Now, I just keep some mantids on my bedroom dresser and other assorted creatures in the laundry room. :lol:

My roaches are on my bedroom dresser to, to get my clothes out I see the roaches lol, my Family is creeped out by it they could not stay in my room for long just seeing them. I have no other place for any insects, either no room or temp is too cold.