Fighting Man-sized giant cockroaches!

Allpet Roaches

I was at the video game store to see what wii dancing games they had for my kids when I noticed a title called Escape from Bug Island for $4.99. It had giant bugs (though I didn't know there were giant roaches yet) and at $4.99 I had to get it. The game Escape from Bug Island is on the Wii. It has terrible reviews but it's a really neat game to control. I can think of many ways it could be better but it's far neater than the last thirty demos I've seen. You have 360 movement/view when you fight and can switch between first person kicking or hitting, throwing rocks, or second person slashing (you can see through your character's eyes or watch your character in action). You also have items, maps, notes, and equipment like final fatasy. The cockroaches are pretty nice and even fly reminding one of monster Periplaneta americana, the only complaint was the raptorial forelegs.

One cannot be choosy of one's foes while fighting for one's life. :P

They didn't look that odd. I was happy to see the giant cockroaches though they were a lot harder to beat than previous insects like giant praying mantids, monster cave crickets, and super-sized centipedes.

They didn't look that odd. I was happy to see the giant cockroaches though they were a lot harder to beat than previous insects like giant praying mantids, monster cave crickets, and super-sized centipedes.

The mantids looked like wimps compared to the roach. The fly boss at the end is sick though. :blink::wacko:

Lol crazy. :lol: I read about P. americana catching and eating termites, if they were huge it wouldn't be too shocking! Are you a video game person Orin?

I watched a friend play it. Unfortunately at some point he got so frustrated with the control scheme he threw his wii remote at the wall. lol

That's strange. I really like the controls because learning them takes time and there are many options rather than the boring push a button then another. Still, you could just use one type of attack 99% of the time so he didn't have to learn the controls. Also, I ran through the first set of boards and did not see a giant fly boss anywhere (though there were a ton of hand-sized flies and maggots).

Lol crazy. :lol: I read about P. americana catching and eating termites, if they were huge it wouldn't be too shocking! Are you a video game person Orin?

The roaches are one of the toughest monsters in the whole game because they fly and are strong and can pick you up in the air while chewing on you. I remember having some fun with a few of the Texas Instruments games in the 80s but have gone years between playing video games so I probably could not qualify as a video game person. Most games I find too repetitive. My favorites are the more recent final fantasy adventure games.

I've never heard of that one, but there is a game I have where you play as a wide variety of inverts. I think you start out as a tarantula and can play as beetles later on. My 5 year old sister plays it. It is for the wii.

I am not a big game player, but it's fun to play them every now and then.

I've never heard of that one, but there is a game I have where you play as a wide variety of inverts. I think you start out as a tarantula and can play as beetles later on. My 5 year old sister plays it. It is for the wii.

I am not a big game player, but it's fun to play them every now and then.

Deadly Creatures maybe? Saw some stuff about it, looked pretty cool.

I bought a copy of deadly creatures as I had never heard of it before and while it's neat for having a few bugs (no roaches) it has no story and is moderately annoying to play. After playing for a little while Escape from Bug Island drags you in and makes you want to see if anything was missed. I'm not sure if I'll ever want to finish deadly creatures, let alone play it after it's finished.