Ferret food

Herpetologyfrk

My pet ferret passed away last week, so I figured last night I would try it out for my roaches. I never give them dog food, my roaches normally get fresh fruits and veggies. My friends tell me they get fed better then most humans.

I was a bit skeptical about feeding it because I wasn't sure if they would like it or not, but they went crazy over it! The shy species I have would come out and eat right in front of me, when they don't normally at all. I took some pictures and a couple videos. I wish I had more though. I'll be posting shortly :)

My roaches love ferret food. Recently, mainly because of price, I've switched to Taste of the Wild dog/cat foods. They have a very high amount of protein and more fruits/veggies than ferret food does, plus it costs me $10 for a bag of that while an equal weight in ferret food costs twice as much.

I think ill be using it more often now. I still have a almost brand new bag to use. They have cheaper brands at the store I buy it, I'll have to take a look and compare the nutrition facts on the bags. I love giving them a variety, I feel it is a key in keeping happy and healthy roaches. So mine will be getting fresh fruits and veggies plus the new addition of hard food.

if the roaches are just for pets and they aren't being feed to any thing it's fine, though if thay are feeders i wouldn't feed it to them just because it stay in there guts and some reptiles cant deal with the added protein (liver problem i believe)