Can anyone tell me what this is?

Hi there.

I hope I have posted this the right place, if not, i'm very sorry :D

So I gave this guy some of my B. Dubia about 6 months ago and when I went to visit him yesterday, I found that there were these giant roaches in his colony :blink: He says that he is sure he didn't mix them with other roaches <_< But I have never seen these in my colony, so of corse i'm a little confused :huh::unsure:

Can any of you tell me what this is? They were about 6 cm. and kind of looked like overgrown Dubia juveniles.

Here to the right...

cid__IMG_2714.jpg

And here to the left...

cid__IMG_9852-1.jpg

Like Orin said, definitely Blaberus genus. I would venture a guess of Blaberus craniifer or those fusca hybrids. Either way it looks like a sub adult male to me, anyone else agree?

Like Orin said, definitely Blaberus genus. I would venture a guess of Blaberus craniifer or those fusca hybrids. Either way it looks like a sub adult male to me, anyone else agree?

Definitely some sort of Blaberus subadult. If they end up being the "European craniifer" I'd have to say it's a female.

Thank you very much guys :D

What is a hybrid? :blink:

Certain Blaberus genus can cross breed. Cross breeding results in a hybrid of two different species within the same genus. It muds up the gene pool so it's best not to have hybrids, especially if they are Blaberus which are pretty similar looking to begin with.

Certain Blaberus genus can cross breed. Cross breeding results in a hybrid of two different species within the same genus. It muds up the gene pool so it's best not to have hybrids, especially if they are Blaberus which are pretty similar looking to begin with.

Thank you very much for explaining it to me :D

Do you think it could be a mix of both Blaberus craniifer and fusca? or maybe one of them and a B. Dubia?

Thank you very much for explaining it to me :D

Do you think it could be a mix of both Blaberus craniifer and fusca? or maybe one of them and a B. Dubia?

Blaberus craniifer and Blaberus fusca can hubridize I think...but Blaberus genus cannot hybridize with Blaptica genus.

• 1 month later...