Howdy from Humboldt!

Wolverine

Hi my name is Ian most people call me Wolverine cause I'm a wild man. Love my pets but mostly my roaches lol. Started 7yrs ago but took a break, women were more important, now I'm married with an accepting wife(kinda) Culturing 30 species currently think 60 will be plenty but who knows. Some are feeders mostly the lats they give my geckos a challenge keeps them in shape. Have climbed numerous old growth trees and been 1/2 mile in the earth. Plans are to combine my love for adventure with my love for insects. Almost died collecting Parnassius in Colorado, had been scaling a steep cliff trying to reach a high meadow, heard a loud noise boom boom boom, looked up a boulder the size of a VW Bug was tumbling towards me, using a few proper words F@#K S!$T I hugged the wall, the boulder went over my head and took out a lower part of the cliff,ahhhh. When I got to the top there was a beautiful male :rolleyes:. Hope to find a new species of roach someday. This site is wonderful great incite helps me with my babies thank you everyone!!!!!

Welcome Ian :)

Parnassius as in the genus of butterflys?

That would have scared me pretty bad xD I probably would ve reconsidered rock climbing there. Ive dislocated my sholdur scaling a cliff here in my city, not fun while in that much pain.

Finding new species of roach has always been a goal of mine one day. We can dream right? x)

Welcome Ian :)

Parnassius as in the genus of butterflys?

That would have scared me pretty bad xD I probably would ve reconsidered rock climbing there. Ive dislocated my sholdur scaling a cliff here in my city, not fun while in that much pain.

Finding new species of roach has always been a goal of mine one day. We can dream right? x)

Yes Parnassius is a genus of butterflies. rock climbing is great fun. Always dreaming of new roaches :lol:

Yes Parnassius is a genus of butterflies. rock climbing is great fun. Always dreaming of new roaches :lol:

I have D. plexippus migrate through my yard yearly. I just got some shots of one the other week (didn't come out so great though). I have some H. Lineata caterpillars right now that im raising up.

Yeah it is, when I dislocated my sholdur I had weird footing and my arm was in odd position. It was a big slip/fall but just the awkwardness of it all made it bad xD

Welcome! I found my first Parnassius specimens on the way to a Bugguide.net event a couple years ago. It's always memorable when you meet a species that you've forever seen only in books!

I hope you find your roach. We still live in an age of discovery when it comes to insect species. It's not quite as neat, but I've had the pleasure of seeing a few roaches in the wild that I'm sure no other forum members have seen. One is in my avatar.