Female Earwig with Eggs

I have a female earwig with 8 eggs. She has build a chamber and has the eggs and herself in the chamber. The eggs are snow white. The chamber is buried in moist (not wet) topsoil. The humidity is 65% and there are decomposing leaves and a few carrot peels on the top of the soil. The temperature is 80 degrees Fahrenheit. Does anybody have any suggestions for increasing my chances of having nymphs?

Thanks for looking.

I don't know anything about it, but I hope you can find out. I have always wanted to try raising some because I hear that the females are great mothers. I love observing protective behaviors, especially when it comes to mothers protecting their nymphs. :)

I don't know anything about it, but I hope you can find out. I have always wanted to try raising some because I hear that the females are great mothers. I love observing protective behaviors, especially when it comes to mothers protecting their nymphs. :)

You will love earwigs then. I have been watching my female and she is always taking care of her eggs. So far, everything I have been doing has been working well. On another board someone said they like fish food. I have ground up some dry dog food and they like to eat that. I hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

The high temperatures are not necessary. I have turned up numerous (very) young earwigs under the leaflitter below my Asian pear tree, the last few weeks. The temps are mild here in Oregon, so I doubt that temps that warm are necessary for their hatching. Though I do suspect warmer temps will promote hatching and that maintaining humidity is important so that they don't dry out.

Video from a while back:

• 7 months later...