Hello!

Dawn

My name's Dawn. I'm new :).

I have a colony of dubia roaches that hasn't taken off yet, but I find these guys fascinating! But then, I was the kid outside all summer as a kid collecting bugs. I cried at 4 years old when my pet ant I kept in a pill bottle and fed sugar to died.

The dubias will eventually be feeders, I have somewhere around 100-150. Someone on a gecko forum sent them to me for the cost of shipping. I'm getting some new ones from a few different people on ebay so I can have some genetic diversity, make a stronger colony. I have a leopard gecko (I will likely get another around mid summer), and 4 firebellied toads, and my sister has a bearded dragon, so finding "homes" for the excess shouldn't be too tough.

Hey, I thought I was the kid outside collecting bugs all summer (we all say that, here;-)!

It's amazing how many roaches my reptiles tear through. I never seem to have quite enough feeders.

Warm those B. dubia up to 80+ degrees! They'll churn the babies out faster.

Hey, I thought I was the kid outside collecting bugs all summer (we all say that, here;-)!

It's amazing how many roaches my reptiles tear through. I never seem to have quite enough feeders.

Warm those B. dubia up to 80+ degrees! They'll churn the babies out faster.

They're warm :). I'm heating them with an old heat rock I found at goodwill. It was crazy hot (135 degrees F) when I tried to put it in the roach tub, so I moved them to an aquarium and put the heat rock under some sand. It reads about 95. Some have burrowed to get closer to it.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

I think when the lights go out is when everyone comes out! LOL.. If you look at most posts, they are in the wee hours of the night!!! :ph34r:

Welcome to the forum! This is a great place to be! :)