Arenivaga hunting in southern California

A lot of people suppose that because something is rarely seen, the species is rare. This is usually not the case, but more an artifact of people not caring to look. I'm pretty certain that me and the handful of other people in the roach hobby are very curious about your secret collecting method, but unlikely to utilize that knowledge by driving down to make our fortunes on collecting and selling them. If these Arenivaga are anything like the species or two that I've had (as well as nearly all other roaches), there are billions of them under the sand there. Go get more! We're dying for the next update!

It's honestly not that huge of a secret. I just thought it was a great idea when I thought of it x) I am positive I am not the only person to use this method.

All I did was take some screen from a old reptile enclosure and made a sift out of it. I tested it out on the couple tiny nymphs before I took it out for testing and it was the perfect size. While I was sifting at this spot I found 20-30 hatched ooths and they were all found within 10ft of eachother and they were 30ft above a stream/waterfall on the side of a canyon/hill.

I will go out again soon. I have a meeting at work on Thursday and the spot is right around the corner so maybe I will go then :)

• 6 months later...

It's honestly not that huge of a secret. I just thought it was a great idea when I thought of it x) I am positive I am not the only person to use this method.

All I did was take some screen from a old reptile enclosure and made a sift out of it. I tested it out on the couple tiny nymphs before I took it out for testing and it was the perfect size. While I was sifting at this spot I found 20-30 hatched ooths and they were all found within 10ft of eachother and they were 30ft above a stream/waterfall on the side of a canyon/hill.

I will go out again soon. I have a meeting at work on Thursday and the spot is right around the corner so maybe I will go then :)

Howdy you'll its been awhile. Missed talking about roaches. Anyway would like to report that Arenivaga are found in Aguanga Ca. This borders the Anza Borrego Desert locally there are no sand dunes. Males are attracted to uv light learning more will keep everyne informed. Thanks Ian