Acacia for rhino roaches?

piscesilim

I want to know too, I have collected some a few weeks ago, but from the look of it, I don't think my rhino roaches would like them, so I didn't feed those leaves to my roaches. But then I saw these trees are infested with bugs, so I guess it can't be bad to rhino roaches, and that's why I collected them. I'll probably feed those leaves to my peppered roaches first see if they like it, they seem to like dead leaves a lot.

Acacia is generally very edible. If you're just looking for any leaf-based food, many people here feed rhinos oak leaves with good results.

If you're trying out a new food that you haven't found much info on, the best precaution would be (as macbrush said) to feed it to something else first. Just to make sure!

Another thought, if you're like me living in a place that oak tree is hard to find. I believe if you can find acacia, you should also be able to locate some Sweet Gum (Liquidambar formosana), its definitely safe, and it is favourite not only Rhino roaches, also Peppered roaches as well.

Oh, didn't know that! :lol: I'd suggest trying it then.