Hello!

Android raptor

Hello everyone! My name is Elizabeth. I'm still in high school, and I've had my boys Hamlet and Laertes (hissers) for almost a year now. I used to have a third guy (Sid) but he passed on to the great aquarium in the sky in January. I'm going to get a female soon (her name will be Ophelia), but I'll need a separate tank to limit breeding. As you can guess, I have them for pets and not feeders (why else would they have names and be my boys?). I'm also into animals rights and sometimes use the boys as a vehicle to teach people, especially kids, that all animals have a purpose and deserve to be treated with some dignity. I want to have a career in entomology when I'm older, but I'm terrible with things like scientific names. Anyway, that's my introduction, I'll add more if I feel like it :P

Hello everyone! My name is Elizabeth. I'm still in high school, and I've had my boys Hamlet and Laertes (hissers) for almost a year now. I used to have a third guy (Sid) but he passed on to the great aquarium in the sky in January. I'm going to get a female soon (her name will be Ophelia), but I'll need a separate tank to limit breeding. As you can guess, I have them for pets and not feeders (why else would they have names and be my boys?). I'm also into animals rights and sometimes use the boys as a vehicle to teach people, especially kids, that all animals have a purpose and deserve to be treated with some dignity. I want to have a career in entomology when I'm older, but I'm terrible with things like scientific names. Anyway, that's my introduction, I'll add more if I feel like it :P

Welcome! Three roaches or so? I remember my first roaches, how i was on the verge of naming them etc. Once you've gone through generation after generation, and have dozens, the attachment to each individual roach decreases dramatically. It's great for desensitizing. I was thinking of entomology myself but no universities nearby offer courses. Oh well. As for animal rights- i suppose I'm a stickler with the roaches and insects, i can't bear to see them get hurt, to the point where if there is a mosquito in my room I'll get it in a jar and release it outside.