Creative feed off methods

marty

I am a panther chameleon breeder looking for some ideas on how to feed roaches to my chams without roaches escaping. It would be easy if I only had afew to feed but I have to feed many from babies to adults. So what creative ways have you come up with to solve this problem? One idea I was given from someone for feeding baby lobster roaches to his baby chams is as follows. Place damp corn cobbs in roach bin and tiny lobsters will take up residance in the holes. Then he taps out the babies into a bowl with vasalene and his chams bowl feed. What say you?

It would result in over or under feeding and many escapes because Vaseline is not fullproof. Honestly the best thing to do is to switch to a small non-climber species like Blatta lateralis (Shelfordella lateralis) or something similar that cannot climb. Otherwise it's likely impossible to keep the lobster roaches in the Cham enclosure. Good luck though, if you're stuck with lobsters the best way is to roach-proof your tanks.

For my bearded dragon I pluck out a handful of dubias or hissers and throw them in a test tube and into the freezer. About 6 minutes later they're on their backs but will slowly come alive if they're not eaten first. Usually she's a voracious eater so I have no problems with potential escapees. I'd imagine the chams take a lot longer to get around to their food though...