Some of my reptile Pix!

CO129197

Here's a Few of the reptiles I've owned over the years...I'm TRYING to get the video from when I was on Animal Planet's Emergency Vets with two of my biggest Burmese Pythons back in the day!

Any ways, Enjoy!

Nate

High Yellow Retic

Retic2.jpg

Vietnamese Blue Beauty Rat Snake

101_2131.jpg

Tokay Staring Match!

StaringMatch-1.jpg

Squeeker! (my wife named this Tokay!)

Squeeker.jpg

Black And White Tegu (he was a rescue)

NewLizardPix011.jpg

Another of the Black and White Tegu

NewLizardPix009.jpg

Desert Tortoise - Found by one of the Animal Control Officers I work with here in my county..it SHOULDNT HAVE BEEN in Colorado!!

c2e63893.jpg

1f4b5de9.jpg

Very nice!

I have been wanting to get a Tokay locally, but the only ones I have seen for sale look emaciated and sick. For the prices, it would be a waste cause those would have to go to the vet immediately, and would still probably die. :( Maybe I could ask around and see if I could rescue one. Many people get them because of their beauty but are unprepared for the care and taming of the creatures. :mellow:

If I have to settle for wild caught, I might as well go catch one myself, if I can find a location around here. :lol:

off the top of my head i couldn't tell you exactly as i haven't seen her in a week. but i would say a bit bigger than yours but no where near as big as some of the ones i have seen. the problem is i need to build her a new tank i was intally thinking of converting a 75 gallon tank up onto it end. but i can also usually get exo-terra tank for whole sale prices if i talk to my boss in which case i would probably do the 18x18x36 or the 18x24x36. ether way this is a project for later on and if i can find her a good home i would be willing to adopt her out.

Keep me in mind for that!! I spent the day doing paperwork trying to get the video from when I was on Animal Planet's emergency vets show w a couple big Burmese Pythons...I was advised by our head Animal Control officer today should they have a reptile call...Ill be called in or have to respond since the girls are afraid of reptiles lol

Nate

Very nice!

I have been wanting to get a Tokay locally, but the only ones I have seen for sale look emaciated and sick. For the prices, it would be a waste cause those would have to go to the vet immediately, and would still probably die. :( Maybe I could ask around and see if I could rescue one. Many people get them because of their beauty but are unprepared for the care and taming of the creatures. :mellow:

If I have to settle for wild caught, I might as well go catch one myself, if I can find a location around here. :lol:

I have multiple pairs which don't stop breeding, and sometimes I can't find them new homes fast enough.... Go ahead and get one from any pet store no matter how thin it may look- they are very hardy and recover very, very quickly if you take care of them correctly. Most of the time in pet shops they look terrible because they are kept in poor conditions, and not watered out of employee neglect, and not fed as the typical pet shop employee gets "scared" of them. They do have a bad bite but after a couple of weeks you will find they calm down ALOT. Personally I think its one of the best reptiles money can buy given thier ease of care and inexpensive price ($24 and less).

I lucked out and one was given to me. :D

This one didn't look bad.

Actually, the man that got it out for me really liked them and got bit a few times while he showed me other geckoes to choose from. I was bitten a few times by the gecko that he handed me. It didn't hold on like I have read about them, and the bites weren't as bad as I expected. I decided to take it as it seemed to calm when it hid under my hands. <3

I lucked out and one was given to me. :D

This one didn't look bad.

Actually, the man that got it out for me really liked them and got bit a few times while he showed me other geckoes to choose from. I was bitten a few times by the gecko that he handed me. It didn't hold on like I have read about them, and the bites weren't as bad as I expected. I decided to take it as it seemed to calm when it hid under my hands. <3

Not to hijack this thread, but.....

I really enjoy Tokays. They do calm down to become fairly handle-able. There is nothing out there that is as brightly colored and easy to feed. I don't handle mine, personally, but they still have come to be fed off of tongs or by hand. The male is a brilliant blue with orange spots and the female a nice olive-blue with orange spots. Occasionally the male will actually push open his cage door at night and wander around...and I know about it because he calls to the females when he is out of the cage and I can hear him anywhere in the house! Its easy to go grab him up and put him back though, so I don't mind. They are very entertaining for a reptile....

Not to hijack this thread, but.....

I really enjoy Tokays. They do calm down to become fairly handle-able. There is nothing out there that is as brightly colored and easy to feed. I don't handle mine, personally, but they still have come to be fed off of tongs or by hand. The male is a brilliant blue with orange spots and the female a nice olive-blue with orange spots. Occasionally the male will actually push open his cage door at night and wander around...and I know about it because he calls to the females when he is out of the cage and I can hear him anywhere in the house! Its easy to go grab him up and put him back though, so I don't mind. They are very entertaining for a reptile....

I fell in love with this gecko already. It doesn't look that thin, but a little bit skinnier than I would like in the rear legs and tail area.

It hasn't eaten yet, and that worries me.

I will start a new thread about my gecko so this one will no longer be hijacked. ;)

Btw. CO129197,I love the pics of the tegu and the cute tortoise. You have some beautiful animals, and I think that it is great that you rescue. :)

Nate works fine BTW...LOL and im just doing my part I guess...Its my wife who deserves most of the thanks! She let's me keep all of these crazy creatures! Ill post the story on the Desert Tortoise here tomorrow...

And no worries about hijacking the thread...I LOVE Tokay's...So if ya end up with a bunch of babies...DEFINITELY LMK!!!

Nate