beefing up your roachs

chris

is there anyway to get these things off the ground faster size wise? no one has dubia available in large quanity and mine are taking forever to molt into adults

i just added 6 more females into my adult bin and within 2 days i caught them breeding and locked up with males

I feed my dubia a variety of foods and they are large. Apples, bananas, oranges, papaya, mango, dog and cat kibble, white bread, romaine lettuce, adult fruit iguana pellets, and cooked hamburger meat. With all that variety your roaches will be bigger and ones you have now will grow faster.

Heat and neglect work for me :). I feed them every few days and ignore them the rest of the time. Keep them heated. I don't know how hot mine are, I gave them an old reptile heat rock I found at goodwill. Pretty sure it is the kind that will cook your gecko because it gets very hot to the touch, roaches love it though. Their diet is very varied. I give them oranges, apples, pears, berries, chicken bones, meat scraps, baby food, oatmeal, powdered milk, veggies. The other day my neighbor gave me some pasta in a spicy meat sauce. It wasn't very good, but it was too spicy to feed the dogs, so I figured it wouldn't hurt the roaches so I threw it in there. They went NUTS.