HUGE hisser, special appearance by A. tesselata

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Well, since he's been a mature male, and I also found two more giants, I haven't seen any of them mate, but that doesn't mean they haven't. Even if they do, the size probably won't be passed down.

I just noticed the white lines on his abdomen, that looks like what roaches have when they are NOT mature and ready to shed soon, could it be he is not fully mature?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, I figure since I have this thread going I'll just continue to use it instead of making a new topic. I started my A. tesselata colony two years ago with four individuals from Zephyr, it's going nicely now so I made a display tank since they are my favorite. Plus, my colony could use a split.

021-2.jpg

017-3.jpg

012-2.jpg

008.jpg

• 11 months later...

I came across this thread again and am still amazed by the large males! I can say that even though they are so large they still will mate with the smaller females especially since they will be dominant in the colony.

Still waiting for a few stragglers to mature but in a month or so I am going to measure the hissers I bred I think I've got one or two giant males and they have same size difference from the females as yours do.

Well, I figure since I have this thread going I'll just continue to use it instead of making a new topic. I started my A. tesselata colony two years ago with four individuals from Zephyr, it's going nicely now so I made a display tank since they are my favorite. Plus, my colony could use a split.

021-2.jpg

017-3.jpg

012-2.jpg

008.jpg

What size setup is that? Awesome setup. Love the mushroom ornament. :)