Roaches rejecting protein??

MantisMan

I need help

When I first got my lobster roaches they would eat the fish flakes and dog food without a problem

Now they don't seem to be eating it at all :(, and despite new babies, not much fruit has been consumed

Help please :(

• 3 weeks later...

Stop feeding them high protein foods. They only require about 18% protein in their diet. Your jacking their uric acid levels and this could be causing a problem. However, it seems like you might have some husbandry problems there as they don't seem to be eating much at all. How are you keeping them?

• 2 months later...

Stop feeding them high protein foods. They only require about 18% protein in their diet. Your jacking their uric acid levels and this could be causing a problem. However, it seems like you might have some husbandry problems there as they don't seem to be eating much at all. How are you keeping them?

Sorry but it is a nonsense - the roaches need high protein foods.

I see the same thing with my lobster feeder colony. Without heat they aren't very big eaters compared with some others.

I agree with Peter.