Macropanesthia babies NEW generation.

Allpet Roaches

F2 generation from mother born July 4th, 2008 (her mother took more than six years from birth June 2002 before having her). The threads marking specific milestones of this line date back to 2002 on the Allpet Roaches board. The reason for the relatively rapid turnaround this generation is uncertain but the sample group is too small to make conclusions.

Is that how long they take to mature? Where are they native to?

Your question is akin to asking what an ootheca is on mantidforum. Macropanesthia rhinoceros is the holy grail of pet cockroaches, the heaviest species in the world, and yes it can take up to six years for one animal to mature.

That is so neat!!! They are a dream species for me, and to hear that you're on F2 is awesome. :D I know how antsy I get with mine and they mature lightening fast compared to Macropanesthia. What's it like to have a species that takes years? To have them for a decade and only be on the second generation is kind of mind blowing.

Awesome to hear, Orin!

Might I inquire, approximately how many young do they have in a batch? Also, will they have multiple batches in their lifetime, after the first?

It's great to see dedicated individuals like yourself propagating these amazing creatures, and helping to make them more widely available.

Awesome to hear, Orin!

Might I inquire, approximately how many young do they have in a batch? Also, will they have multiple batches in their lifetime, after the first?

It's great to see dedicated individuals like yourself propagating these amazing creatures, and helping to make them more widely available.

A variety of details are documented in Invert-Mag backissues and compiled in the American Cockroach Society special publication. However,

I don't think there's a mention of what happened to the mother. She lived another three years (for a total of 9) and only ever had the one batch of young.