Dubia roaches do not seem to be enjoying new dog/cat food

wojcik49

I started trying out blue buffalo finicky feast cat food and blu buffalo lamb and brown rice dog food. I ground it up almost into a powder. They don't seem to be loving the new food. Anyone have suggestions on dog/cat food brand/flavors that dubia seem to prefer and enjoy more?

Instead of changing brands of food, you might try adding something like oatmeal or baby oatmeal cereal to the mix. I have also added bee pollen and spirulina(just open capsules and dump on food). Sometimes it just takes one new ingredient to stimulate their appetites.

I started trying out blue buffalo finicky feast cat food and blu buffalo lamb and brown rice dog food. I ground it up almost into a powder. They don't seem to be loving the new food. Anyone have suggestions on dog/cat food brand/flavors that dubia seem to prefer and enjoy more?

In my experience, regardless of what cat or dog hand-me-down food you receive... Grind it up with fish food. Like flakes or pellets.

I raise my dubias to feed my dovii. I buy giant containers of flake food (at the cheapest place possible). Always try to get 40% protein flake food.

When I grind up the cat or dog food, I do it with the flake food (or sometimes cheap pellet food). It gives it that rich smell.

You don't need a lot. But with it mixed in, they can't ignore it.

I usually add it last, across the top of the cat food in my grinder container before I grind it. Just to the point where I can or can't barely see the cat food.

It doesn't even need to be a quart fish food to cat food. Just a small amount will mix in well.

I always have it available, and they will devour it if there's no fruit in the tank.

To answer your specific question, I use meow mix atm. But it was really really cheap when I bought it. Like on sale or something.

I'll change brands if I have to, but it'll likely always have fish food in it.