red head roach

bluefire

sadly, my red head roach nymph died last night. this is the second i have gotten this species and it has died. i have decided to avoid that species completley because it does seem like a very strong species.

sadly, my red head roach nymph died last night. this is the second i have gotten this species and it has died. i have decided to avoid that species completley because it does seem like a very strong species.

sorry to hear that. that sucks imns much about redhead roaches though otherwise maybe id give pointers but yes

UPDATE: wide horn hisser is dead too! little worried now. although there are logical explanations. the red head roach was a very small nymph and i took it on a trip to a family reunion. could have been so stressful that it died. also i dropped the wide horn hissers cage upside down shortly before bringing to same family reunion. although i also huve these flying gnats/flys which might be doing it but all my species are fine (or from the turn of events i hope)

Traveling around would obviously cause stress, which can kill. Wide horn hissers are amazing survivors. I had an escapee that stayed alive in my room (though it may have wandered around the house)for a month and a half. (Just for the record, i keep my place is very clean. I happen to live in a family of germephobes) You can throw those things at a wall and they'll probably be fine. In one of the threads here, wide horn hissers have survived sub-zero temps. They are not called the tanks of the cockroach world for nothing. Still puzzled over your loss.

Traveling around would obviously cause stress, which can kill. Wide horn hissers are amazing survivors. I had an escapee that stayed alive in my room (though it may have wandered around the house)for a month and a half. (Just for the record, i keep my place is very clean. I happen to live in a family of germephobes) You can throw those things at a wall and they'll probably be fine. In one of the threads here, wide horn hissers have survived sub-zero temps. They are not called the tanks of the cockroach world for nothing. Still puzzled over your loss.

Did the Hisser ever climb on your bed? My bed is right under a wall so if a Hisser escaped I could potentially wake up to a giant walking cigar at night, I guess that would freak me out when I'm half awake.

Did the Hisser ever climb on your bed? My bed is right under a wall so if a Hisser escaped I could potentially wake up to a giant walking cigar at night, I guess that would freak me out when I'm half awake.

Not that I'm aware of. I eventually found it under the remote control on my TV stand, with around two dozen bits of frass. If i woke up with it scrambling across my face i might've woken the whole family block. :P