The best barrier against escaping?

The only roach bin/enclosure I currently need to use a barrier with is my lobster colony. They are in a 20L glass tank with a that fits well but I definitely don't trust to prevent escapees. The morning my huge lobster colony arrived I was still finishing up their enclosure and realized there was absolutely no vaseline/petroleum jelly to be found in the entire house. But while digging all the way to the back of all the shelves in my bathroom closet I noticed something that I must've bought well over a year ago and then completely forgotten about as it got buried behind other products on the shelf. It was Johnson's Lavender-scented baby oil gel. After feeling the consistency I thought that it would probably work at least as well as vaseline and was worth a try. Using a paper towel to spread the baby oil gel in a thin, ~3-inch barrier along the top of the tank. Dumped the hundreds of lobsters in and crossed my fingers. First thing they did was all race to walls and starting to climb. Most stopped short of even touching the baby oil gel (maybe something to do with the lavender scent? idk). In no time at all almost all of them had returned to the bottom of the tank and in the 1.5 month or so I've had them I have not witnessed any even try to climb higher than a few inches up the side of the tank (*knock on wood* lol). Just thought I'd throw that out there lol.

Discovery very good!!

It will also function with Periplaneta ssp. and Blatta orientalis? :huh:

In my opinion if it working for lobsters than it will be work for them too.

Discovery very good!!

It will also function with Periplaneta ssp. and Blatta orientalis? :huh:

In my opinion if it working for lobsters than it will be work for them too.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

To Prevent melting & Running as well as too many applications of messy Vaseline

Use packing tape, teflon tape, foil tape or any other line of defense and add A product that Works as a Super Slick Roach & Insect Boundary & Barrier It Works by keeping Roaches in their colonies and keeps unwanted pests out of your colonies. It Works better than frequent messy re-applications of vaseline and may be used as a first line defense against escapes or invasions into your roach colonies as well as increasing the effectiveness of an already established barrier..

The product works like it should. It is safe, does not melt run or drip like vaseline and can stand up to high heat.

CONTAIN Super Slick Roach & Insect Barrier