Roth's Burrowing Cockroach

Tim the Bug snapper

Hi, I am keeping 2m and 2f in an enclosure heated to approx 22 degrees C, with humidity at 70/80% feeding on banana, apple, cucumber and mushroom. Although observed feeding they do not seem to eat much. Their size and shape is good and they have drinking water if needed. Their substrate is coir and compost mix with dried leaf litter (Oak and Hornbeam) on top and bark shelter. Do you think they will be eating the leaf litter as much as the fruit? Anyone else reared these before? There seems to be very little care info available.

Cheers

Tim

Hi Tim,

22 degrees C is too less- they eat less. Increase it to 26-28 degrees C.

They will be eating leaf litter better than fruits but put there some dry protein food- dog food,cat food,fish food...

BTW: Are the roaches from me?

Hi Tim,

22 degrees C is too less- they eat less. Increase it to 26-28 degrees C.

They will be eating leaf litter better than fruits but put there some dry protein food- dog food,cat food,fish food...

BTW: Are the roaches from me?

Yes they are. I will increase temp a bit but they do seem fine. Do they do better in a highly humid environment or slightly lower. I did try them with dry catfood, will try them again once temp increases.

Cheers

tim

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...