Hisser's been pregnant for 5 months, only halfway done!

Keith

I can pleasantly announce that I share a birthday with your new litter of roaches.

Can't say for definite but I swear one of my G. Oblongonatas has pregnancy belly.

For bonding sake I used a paint brush to get around 6 or so mites off of her the other day. The ones that hide in the corners of their chests are such menaces..

I can pleasantly announce that I share a birthday with your new litter of roaches.

Can't say for definite but I swear one of my G. Oblongonatas has pregnancy belly.

For bonding sake I used a paint brush to get around 6 or so mites off of her the other day. The ones that hide in the corners of their chests are such menaces..

Your birthday is easy to remember than! :) I heard the mites are good, mine has mites and is perfectly healthy. In fact I heard having no mites is unhealthy for the roach.

Your birthday is easy to remember than! :) I heard the mites are good, mine has mites and is perfectly healthy. In fact I heard having no mites is unhealthy for the roach.

I've read that also, but I like handling my largest roaches often and I don't want to accidently free a pregnant mite and infest my room.

Although I can't speak professionally about this topic, I would imagine it to be a problem if there was too many mites and they're crowding in between nooks like leg joints or the neck.

Just wondering if it could lead to hindered movement or something else bad?

I can't say. Just trying to play it safe since I've read its also not a problem to remove mites.

I've read that also, but I like handling my largest roaches often and I don't want to accidently free a pregnant mite and infest my room.

Although I can't speak professionally about this topic, I would imagine it to be a problem if there was too many mites and they're crowding in between nooks like leg joints or the neck.

Just wondering if it could lead to hindered movement or something else bad?

I can't say. Just trying to play it safe since I've read its also not a problem to remove mites.

The mites won't infest your room ill guarantee that! I've had them drop on me and on my bedroom floor, they die quickly and don't eat people. :)

I heard the mite helps control a fungus that grows on the roach and can cause allergic reactions in humans, so I quite like having the mites about. Not entirely sure how true it is, but mine don't seem to have any problem with them.

I heard the mite helps control a fungus that grows on the roach and can cause allergic reactions in humans, so I quite like having the mites about. Not entirely sure how true it is, but mine don't seem to have any problem with them.

I have mold allergy so the mites are helpful keeping the allergens away :)

One of my P. vanwaerebeki molted last night and I was excited to see red-edge colorations, but immediately I noticed tons of brand new babies (the size of grain mites) running in between folds.

Then I noticed my hand, and maybe 8 or 9 of them had already descended in a Columbus-like exploration.

I'm going to have to accept this.

I finally was able to count the babies, she had a little over 40! They are little rascals it took me so long to round them up to count them. They got lots of food to eat and will soon go back into the big cage. The babies differ in color greatly too.

post-117-0-56088800-1369715608_thumb.jpg

On a great side note, I just realized my G. Oblongonata female is crowded with fresh hatched offspring. 25-30 I would estimate but I haven't given them a real headcount.

By the way Keith, what species is that?

I don't recall you mentioning.

On a great side note, I just realized my G. Oblongonata female is crowded with fresh hatched offspring. 25-30 I would estimate but I haven't given them a real headcount.

By the way Keith, what species is that?

I don't recall you mentioning.

G. Oblongonata

I thought so, yours are just really rosy looking because of the photos.

Good to know we both have some similar May babies.

Your not seeing things I have around 5 color variants and patterns in the nymphs! I thought it was normal, or diet related.

• 1 year later...