Roach drool?

Ace

I'm curious as to why I've never heard of this happening;

One of my newly arrived Wide Horn hissers had eaten strawberry a few hours before, and I was allowing it to rest on my hand just some twenty minutes ago.

It suddenly caught my attention that something cold and small was running down my arm and it turned out to be a 2 inch long stream of saliva coming from the mouth, and it was at this point that I realized my hisser had not only been drooling but had his mouth buried in my skin. I blew air in his direction and he stopped abrubtly, and I returned him to the enclosure only to notice it is now on a hissing spree.

Stressed because I didn't let him eat my delicious clean flesh perhaps ?

Edit:

The question is actually directed at what the drooling may say about my hisser, and if its normal.

They spit up fluid when they are stressed or frightened. But they do wet their food with it too.

It happens often when I handle roaches. I have also seen them spit up when I have moved the container that they are in.

Sometimes certain species will defecate if they are being restrained.

I think it is the same as when other creatures release bodily fluids as a defense or out of fear. Like when a frog or toad urinates when they are picked up.

They spit up fluid when they are stressed or frightened. But they do wet their food with it too.

It happens often when I handle roaches. I have also seen them spit up when I have moved the container that they are in.

Sometimes certain species will defecate if they are being restrained.

I think it is the same as when other creatures release bodily fluids as a defense or out of fear. Like when a frog or toad urinates when they are picked up.

Interesting! I've been defecated on more than drooled until they get used to being handled and don't get stressed anymore