Roachy Tattoo

ArtBug

• 3 weeks later...

Cute Art! I have a roach tattood on my right arm. Got the picture from a book and I guess it's an American roach, one of the prettiest idigenous species. Above and below are the words I LOVE ROACHES with a heart for the "O". I will post it if I can learn how to.

VERY cool! I would love to see your fabulous tattoo :) I was surprized at how much I had to shrink my photo down to get it to fit within the size parameters. I'm amazed at some of the beautiful photos folks have posted!

Yes. I've looked at the page "Pics of Beautiful Roaches" and the title certainly fits. Some of those color varieties are out of this world!! There's also a page on Florida species.

What region is your Therea species from? What's it's actual size compared to your tattoo picture? Any lettering with it?

Thanks for your interest in mine also.

Hiya!

I'm very green when it comes to cockroach knowledge so I couldn't tell you what region they're from. I got them from Kyle last fall. All of my T. Olegrandjeani are still nymphs and I'd say the largest is around the size of a half inch.

The roaches on my tattoo are "oversized." No lettering :)

You're not alone. Of the estimated 3,500 species, I'm only well-versed in about 10 and have heard the names of maybe 20 others. This is a great site to learn more, though. Right now I only have German and have had hissers and Discoid.

At any rate, it's great to know of you and these others who share this awareness and affinity for our little friends. Most people I talk to don't give roaches a second thought.

• 3 months later...