A Cool Domino Roach Story

All my friends HATE my roaches. I had 60-70 adult domino roaches in a clear enclosure. They were walking all around the floor, walls and ceiling. A bunch of my friends saw them and said "Wow! What are THOSE!?!?" I said "A rare type of beetle.” They were like "That's SO cool! I REALLY like those! Etc."

Then I said "Na, they are roaches.”

They were like “OH GROSS!!” “THOSE ARE DISGUSTING!!”

:D :D :D LOL!!! Cracked me up. :D :D :D

Ahahaha! :lol: Also a sign that your display tank is a huge success!

At least dominos look like beetles. I've seen hissers and peppereds get called "beetles" more than I'd like...

<3 Ugh no matter how I explain my roach..science...love to most.....they seem to be not okay with it hahaha! Any who my first attempt with dominos didn't go so well. That was YEARS ago. I think I will re-try : ) .

Thanks for the reply ArtBug and Briene. I will see if I can get some pictures. I have many adults now...it has taken 2-3 years of patience. My question marks still have another year to mature. Now that they are adults and breeding it is worth it but I would not have said this 6-8 months ago. Both species are 2 of my favs.

Briene: Ya, I would try again. They seems to be the roach that most people that hate roaches do not recognize as roaches and often say "They are KINDA cute." : )

• 2 weeks later...

I LOVE ROACHES of all kinds, even common ones like German. They have the pretty brown color and wavy antennae. I've also had Madagascan and Blabberous Disorderous. Never heard of Domino Roaches. Sounds interesting. Look forward to seeing your pictures.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh o.k. I see the pictures above again. Yesterday, I was looking at the top of the page. Earth to Jeffrey(Pierre). Ha Ha!!