Cuban Burrowing Cockroach or Melanistic Dubia?

Keith

I'm new to roaches so to me if I'm told its a dubia, its a dubia. but then, people dont always know. im getting some 'giant' madagascar hissing roaches but i think theyre wide horns. nobody in uk has whide horns, only normal and giant. can be hard to tell.

Thats difficult to assert really.

Ask your supplier if they ever had the two in a communal enviroment.

I know most people avoid that, but its possible.

Personally, I think it looks like a Cuban roach.

The supplier sold all their stock so I can't even ask them.

The only thing I have to go on this male did court many dubia females. But if a Cuban male was all alone with dubia females, and they look similar and mate similar, wouldn't there be a chance he might display anyway even of they are different species? I've seen it before so don't know if that's a help.

It's a dubia. I just found a male that looks like it a day after you posted this (saw it a couple days ago but didn't reply) and it reminded me of your picture. Its wings are slightly tattered too just like yours.

Not 100% sure but you said you wanted a tiebreaker. One thing I know for sure is my colony is long running and I certainly don't have any cuban burrowers.

It's a dubia. I just found a male that looks like it a day after you posted this (saw it a couple days ago but didn't reply) and it reminded me of your picture. Its wings are slightly tattered too just like yours.

Not 100% sure but you said you wanted a tiebreaker. One thing I know for sure is my colony is long running and I certainly don't have any cuban burrowers.

If you found one exactly like it, and I saw this guy courting female dubia, then I guess it has to be a dubia thanks for solving the mystery!

glad u managed to figure it out. that is a lovely colour. I hope i get some like that but my 20 arent breeding yet lol. I admit I like being right lol especially when it was just a guess he he

This is the first time I've seen it too, and I've seen thousands upon thousands of dubia but only 1 like this.