Are grape leaves safe for roaches?

dcheath

I'm not recalling anything bad about grape leaves off the top of my head. Double check to be sure (look up the genus name + toxins), if only for bio-accumulation issues if you give them to feeder roaches. I do, however know that you can cook with and eat them. lol

Be certain that they're grapes as there are grape look alike plants that are very toxic.

As long as you're sure. People eat them, so I'm guessing they're ok or at least modest amounts of the leaves. In case you feel creative, you can wrap and grill or broil meats in grape leaves. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

So just for frass and giggles i set up a little side colony of dubia and offered them some grape leaves along with some pond sticks i feed my main colony and they didnt touch the grape leave as far as i could tell.

I waited a couple days for them to eat the sticks and then tried again with grape leaves as there only food source with still no intrest.

So in short i revived and old post and added no new information.

I feed my mealworms and superworms grape leaves with no problems. Roaches always refuse to eat them though.