Guess who got interviewed!

Zephyr

And bite... possibility of zoonitic diseases, etc.

I like how you get a bit carried away and slip in a few words that probably zoom right over the common reader's head. Some of us are exposed to such terminology nearly daily and it can be hard to catch yourself. I know I do it often.

Nice mention of low protein diet, too. ;)

Congratulations! Are not the Megaloblatta longipennis the biggest roach known? Not the heaviest though I guess. So did you not find anything better than vaseline? Or are you the one that found out about the vaseline?

Great interview! I think you handled the questions well, and left a good impression of yourself, and roaches. You totally nerded out at the end, but it was nerdyness at it's best. Now a lot more people are aware that individuals like us exist. Yay! I think sometimes we get so caught up in our hobbies that we don't realize how few people have even the slightest interest. I can only imagine what the average person thinks about a $200 cockroach. Well anyway, we may not be as plentiful, or well known, and we may collect creepy bugs, but we're still better than those my little pony people.

Really GREAT article!

It was neat to read the full interview below the video and get to see the gallery of photos.

It would be cool if you'd post your private collection of roaches in a "Not For Sale" section on your website so we can see them all :)

wow!!! that's awesome!!!! hopefully this will help lessen the hate of cockroaches and make people learn to not cringe at the word "roaches". very inspiring.

• 2 weeks later...

Kyle, this article and video was posted on USA TODAY today! You're famous! I am emailing the link to all my friends, saying, "See, I'm not the only person who loves cockroaches!"... hahahaha! Good job! http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2013/08/21/roach-man/2682823/