Yellow Dubia Breeding Program

JohnFrost

I don't think @JohnFrost ever sold any to anyone, and I haven't heard from him in years... Can't help but assume he stopped breeding roaches for some reason, and this strain died out without being distributed in the hobby. :(

On 3/4/2022 at 7:02 AM, dactylus said:

Thanks for the info.  That's too bad if this strain died out.  I was looking forward to this one.

Yes I was really looking forward to these too, sad that John has seemingly left the hobby. :(

Just read this topic and yes, it's a genuine pity. It's a very attractive morph. Though with the sheer amount of dubias being bred, I wonder why no-one else seems to have encountered or isolated something like this.

Maybe unusually coloured roaches pale in comparison (in some eyes) to unusually coloured bearded dragons.

On 3/7/2022 at 9:45 AM, WarrenB said:

Just read this topic and yes, it's a genuine pity. It's a very attractive morph. Though with the sheer amount of dubias being bred, I wonder why no-one else seems to have encountered or isolated something like this.

Maybe unusually coloured roaches pale in comparison (in some eyes) to unusually coloured bearded dragons.

After all this time and effort? I can't believe he would just drop it like that. I've reached out to him, and we can only hope that he simply has forgotten his login or something along those lines.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

They are still going strong. The males took almost as long to isolate as the females did originally. I have 2 colonies and rebuilt the main grow out. Honestly,  It was really nice to see all the positive feedback, even after all of these years... and you're right, it's about time I let them out into the world. I will start specifically separating them into breeding groups for sale over the next few months. I still have no idea about pricing or distribution, and am open to suggestions. 

Resized_20220519_211328.jpeg

• Like 3

I've just started to put the next generation together, and am considering options for what people would want in relation to both price and quantity. I will put together breeding groups, and sell them as they come ready/upon request.

2 females 1 male and 10 medium-large nymphs for $30+ flat rate shipping for an xsmall colony in the US.

5 females 2 males 20 medium-large nymphs for $50+ shipping for a small.

-PayPal-

A lot of things have changed over the years, but sitting there, going through my colonies, and just slowing down with these guys has been a real pleasure. I want to do this right. I want to make sure people are happy with what they get, and are still able to keep the breed going.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, ForgotMyLogin said:

I've just started to put the next generation together, and am considering options for what people would want in relation to both price and quantity. I will put together breeding groups, and sell them as they come ready/upon request.

2 females 1 male and 10 medium-large nymphs for $30+ flat rate shipping for an xsmall colony in the US.

5 females 2 males 20 medium-large nymphs for $50+ shipping for a small.

-PayPal-

A lot of things have changed over the years, but sitting there, going through my colonies, and just slowing down with these guys has been a real pleasure. I want to do this right. I want to make sure people are happy with what they get, and are still able to keep the breed going.

Thank you.  I sent you a PM.

David

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, ForgotMyLogin said:

Amber Dubia is what is being suggested. I like the sound of it, and it's descriptive if nothing else. 

Sounds like a good strain name to me! :)

• 2 weeks later...